Friday, December 21, 2007

The Power of A Little Training

I just finished up a 6 week teleseminar put on by Erik Stafford of "TheFasterWebmaster" and Theo Baskind, of "TheSlowTrickleAssassin" fame. They labeled the seminar "BeginnerSuccessWorkshop."

It covered how to create a basic landing page website that includes payment for a private label rights product and a download/thank you page. The second half of the series included how to set up social networking sites in order to drive traffic to the landing page website. Theo covered tips and tricks of getting started with a Blogger blog, a Squidoo lens, MySpace, Facebook, and several other important social networking sites.

The contents of the first website development portion of the course is covered in Stafford's TheFasterWebmaster, which is a terrific, step by step video training program on how to create a basic website. Get it here at:
http://www.thefasterwebmaster.com/?hop=infobizmgr

These were not sit on your butt and observe kinds of workshops. We had homework and deadlines for each step of the process. If we got behind or had questions, Erik and Theo were an email or phone call away from giving us help.

What resulted for me was my website:
www.desperatemarketer.com

and this Blogger page on marketing tips.

You see, while I am not new to Internet marketing, I have many projects half done that I have never been able to complete online. Somehow, creating a website has resulted in a response in me that is akin to math anxiety. I get part way through and then run into a frustration, and then give up before the job is done.

Now, these are not perfect sites by any means, but they are up and running and beginning to attract traffic as part of a long range plan to bring in a steady and predictable income online.

Believe me, if I can do this, anyone can do this. But it took coaching and coaxing step by step to get it accomplished.

Erik and Theo will be discussing after the holidays whether and how to continue the BeginnerSuccessWorkshop series. I sincerely hope that they open the process up again to other web-challenged marketers. I highly recommend them.

Liz Nichols
www.desperatemarketer.com
www.bestbasket-gifts.com
www.betterhomebuyingnow.com
www.mybookwise.com/worldwords
www.mywebcashstore.com/nichols6550
www.24hourwebcash.com/nichols6550

No comments: