Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Why I am NOT Buying Reese's "Traffic Tactics 2.0"

I am sitting here listening to an expert whose opinion I really value, Andy Jenkins of Stompernet, talk about the pros and cons of John Reese's "Traffic Tactics 2.0." Andy essentially confirms what I have also heard from another marketer whose opinion I value, Todd Gross. He likes the product; it's high quality, but it will be like drinking from a firehose for most new marketers.

The market I review for is the raw recruit, the new Internet Marketer. While I have been around a long time online, I am, myself, a relative newbie when it comes to being able to make consistent money either as an affiliate or with my own products. My learning style requires deliberate, hands on, and drill-down techniques the walk me through creating my own projects. If I get it, I do it repeatedly. If I don't get it without a hell of a lot of time and angst, I figure out how to outsource it.

John Reese's "Traffic Tactics 2.0" is not a tool for most beginners. The exception is, it may work for the individual who is not easily overwhelmed by massive amounts of information and requires fairly little handholding. It appears to also be a good bet for those looking for information on keyword research and its importance, creating content, video marketing and social marketing. Andy Jenkin's opinion is these particular segments of the DVD set are outstanding and drill down to a level that will actually help even the newcomer. There are a few other areas where, if you need the specific information, then go for it.

The product is not expensive as comprehensive courses go. (It's under $400.) If you already have some experience putting mini-sites up and are experimenting with tweaking your traffic sources, then this product is for you. If you buy Reese's course just concentrate on the segments that will help you to squeeze more traffic from your existing sites, or build your second or third site with greater effectiveness.

I recommend that if you decide to get it you do your purchase through Stompernet. They will do a complementary job with their bonuses of filling in the gaps on the topic of SEO and the like. If you wish for a more informal and basic level of products complimentary to Traffic Tactics, then go to Michael Cheney's Trafficstupid site to pick up his bonuses for this product.

What I am personally doing is taking a step back from the "Traffic Tactics 2.0" frenzy and concentrating on a level of training that is a little more step-by-step and hands on. Specifically, right now I'm going through Erik Stafford's Fasterwebmaster Silver and I'm personally getting what I need from that. Later, I'll probably go back to some of the specific courses on traffic, list building, and SEO work to fine-tune the niche marketing sites I'm working on now.

I also have Michael Cheney's latest course in hand, "Automatic Income System VIP," and need to go through that and review it in detail. I know that Cheney has a really good list of traffic sources for students to follow, but I have not yet set up a site using his methods. This new training course is not presently available for new subscribers. However, an earlier course, "Affiliate Millions" is presently available on Clickbank at a fairly modest $97 investment.

What I am illustrating in revealing my own decision process on whether to buy this important IM study course is how to evaluate whether a certain product is the right one at the right time and at the right price for you to buy. Under certain conditions it may well be the best thing since sliced bread. In my case, and for many of my readers, it's just too much with too little comprehensive, step-by-step help right now.

Liz Nichols

No comments: