Friday, September 19, 2008

Testing LeadEvolution: Revisited

Dr. Mike Woo-Ming and Brian Koz have developed a slick new free traffic generator called LeadEvolution. It combines various free sources to find people who are interested in or asking questions about almost any topic that would come up in one of these lists. More and more sources will be added in the future.

You can write an email message to the people on the list and the message can go out to everyone that you specify. There is even a place to exclude people who indicate they do no want to receive commercial messages.

It is not totally automatic. I spent the better part of a night sifting out messages for a campaign that did not have email in the right format to be picked up automatically. Theoretically, I could have put together a .csv list with some of the others and fed those in manually to another autoresponder system. I also never quite figured out how to search certain files and certain subject areas, so I am in hopes that there will be further training. The training manual is pretty general.

This is an expensive product, and I can only afford to keep it beyond the 14 day trial period if I put it to work finding leads in several areas. Theoretically, it could be used by me to find leads for my freelance writing and editing work, or for setting up blogs for people, two of the things I do on a contract basis. It would not take too many steady contract jobs to pay for itself. It advertises as a way of bringing in dozens of leads in just seconds, and that is true, at least in some areas.

It would appear as if I have used an early version of the software, so there may be many fixes for some of the bugs I found. Apparently there are training materials in it that I haven't seen yet, which would be very helpful. The software is not entirely intuitive, so if you get it you need to take advantage of the training materials.

Liz Nichols

No comments: